Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time 10 Workdays
- Order number: P10123
in bread of a special kind: the dark sourdough bread with dawa flour is one of our favorite breads and a real highlight! The delicious breads of the sourdough line succeed with certainty, contain the best natural sourdough.
Ingredients 100% from Austria - palm oil free!
We use only ingredients that come from Austria. We make sure to use regional and sustainably grown products - of course only the flours from our Stöber mill.
Of course, we also refrain from the use of genetic engineering, artificial flavors and colorants and preservatives.
Wheat flour, rye flour, dawa flour, rye sourdough, salt, dry baker's yeast, barley maltBaking instructionsHow to
bake 1 kg of dark sourdough bread:
- Open the freshness cap, put the baking mixture into a bowl, add 430 ml of lukewarm water (see water line in the can) and knead the dough by hand, with a food processor or with the Thermomix for about 3 minutes.
- Cover the dough and let it rest in the bowl at room temperature (about 24 °C) for about 45 - 60 minutes.
- Flour the work surface and, if available, a proofing basket.
- Place the dough on the floured work surface and, using a dough card, turn it in from the edges to the center. Shape into a round and place in the proofing basket, end down, or on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour the dough and let it rest, covered, in a warm place (about 24 °C) for about 60 minutes.
- 40 minutes before the end of the resting time, preheat the oven to 230 °C (top/bottom heat).
- Turn the dough out onto a baking sheet covered with baking paper or onto a bread baking stone.
- Cut the top of the dough with a sharp knife or blade.
Important: the cuts must be deep enough to allow the steam to escape easily.
Here you can let your creativity run wild and create patterns!
- Bake at 230 °C for 15 minutes, then reduce to 190 °C and finish baking for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet & let cool completely on a rack and
With cast iron pot:
While bread is ripening,
placea rack on the middle rack of the ovenand
place a cast iron pot with lid on it
Have oven gloves ready.
Place the hot cast iron pot with oven gloves on a fireproof surface and remove the lid. Scoop the risen dough from the proofing basket directly into the pot, leaving the cracked top on top. Cover with the hot lid, place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes (at 230 °C). Then carefully remove the lid, reduce oven temperature to 190 °C and bake the bread for about 20 minutes until crispy brown. Carefully turn the sourdough bread out of the pan, let it cool completely on a rack
will also need:430 ml
bread crispier, also wet the baking paper with water!
Tip: as soon as there is a brown color at the bottom of the bread, the pastry is ready.